Friday 24 July 2009

Single Of The Week - Twilight Sad - I became A Prostitute


Since this single arrived through my door earlier in the week I have not stopped listening to it. The dramatic chorus and some very unsettling guitar work combine to create an aggressive yet uplifting song. Just when you think the greatness is over, up comes the dreaded B side which is just as awesome as the single. 'In The Blackout' has more of that awesome epic guitar and drum work, building up to a great chorus that is the sort of hook that you want stuck in your head. Twilight Sad are another sterling addition to the recent surge of awesome bands coming from Glasgow. 'I Became A Prostitute' is just a hint of greatness from their upcoming album. I can't wait to hear it, these guys are one of my top favourite bands.

No comments: