Wednesday 13 May 2009

Au - The Lexington


Au are a band that I have gone on about a fair bit recently and with good reason. They are brilliant. My first surprise was that the Lexington was hideously undersold for a band as good as these guys, my second surprise was that there were only two of them. Listening to albums such as their latest delight 'Verbs' you wonder how on earth they can pull it off. Well I tell you what, they really can with some exceptional multi-instrumentalist work from the main man Luke Wyland revolving around a massive synthesizer with loads of effects and some brilliant drumming, they left the 70 or 80 strong crowd stunned, pulling out with tracks from Verbs such as Are Animals and Summerheat played to perfection. I hope we see more of these guys because they just have to be heard.
In honour of the occasion Middle Boop created a signed and numbered limited edition print for the gig, it was printed on A3 180 gsm uncoated stock and looks awesome. We still have a few copies left if any Boop readers would like one give me a shout.

No comments: