Friday 5 December 2008

The Pains of Being Pure at Heart - Self Titled



When listening to New York outfit The Pains of Being Pure at Heart I feel happy. The kind of happy you feel when you are ploughing down an open road on a hot summers day on your way to a festival. I find it quite refreshing to listen to a band that can write a decent 3 minute catchy rock song . In fact I’m finding it quite hard to think of any bands in the last year or so that have done that. Their music is nothing new, the jangly guitars reminiscent of early Smiths and there is something that keeps making me think of Ash in their heyday. The stand out track for me is Stay Alive, with the hooks in all the right places. It’s a good one,
Their self titled debut is easy to listen to and is perfect music to cheer you up.

No comments: