Friday 12 March 2010

Taking it back... #4

...to 1997

I can only apoligise for the lack of 'taking it back...' episodes over the last few weeks and I promise i'll make up for that in the coming week. In the meantime don't wanna seem like im cheating as the last episode I did featured an awesome clip from Spacemen 3, but having been listening to Spiritualized's iconic LP, 'Ladies And Gentlemen We Are Floating In Space' properly again for the first time in a few years I feel its worthy of a mention. In addition I learnt that The Spaceman and his crew even performed on Top of the Pops around this time.
Here is Spiritualized, with their radio edited rendition of 'I Think I'm In Love', to rectify what makes pop music television shows like this so missed in comparison to the current crop of music tv programs... even if it was for the cheesiness.

No comments: